A Study on the Evaluation of Low-Cost Floating House
Piyush M. Kirange, Saurabh M. Khilare, Jaydatta D. Raskar
Volume 1: Issue 1, Dec 2020, pp 57-59
Piyush M. Kirange1
1BE Students, Department of Mechanical Engineering, JSPM Narhe Technical Campus, Pune-, Maharashtra, India..
Saurabh M. Khilare2, Jaydatta D. Raskar2
2BE Students, Department of Mechanical Engineering, JSPM Narhe Technical Campus, Pune-, Maharashtra, India..
Abstract:-The paper presents a layout of a relatively inexpensive floating house requisite for people relying in coastal areas. The floating house would have the maximum capacity of family members’ loads with qualified freeboard of 30 percent along with the body of the accompanying airtight empty steel drums in water with a planned floor space. The meta-centric height of the planned house is thought to have a positive meaning. Expenses of extracted data materials such as carpeting, walls, new roof, and floats are recommended to determine a most cost-effective and long-lasting solution.
Index Terms:-Nanoparticles, thermal conductivity, volume fraction, heat transfer enhancement.
- F. Ishaque, M.S. Ahamed and M.N. Hoque, "Design and estimation of low-cost floating house", International Journal of Innovation an Applied Sciences. 2014, 7(1), 49-57.
- A. Asrasal, S.I. Wahyudi, H.P. Adi and R. Heikoop, “Analysis of floating house platform stability using polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe material”, MTIC Web of Conferences, ICRMCE, 2018, 195, 02025.
- Yuan-Ho Lin, Yung Chih Lin and Han-Shih Tan, “Design and functions of floating architecture- a review”, Marine Georesources and Geotechnology, 2018.
- A. Amboka and K. Venkatraman, “Floating architecture: a design on hydrophilic floating house for fluctuating water level”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Volume: 8, Issue: 32, Pages: 1-5 2015.
- Ahmed A. El-Shihy and José M. Ezquiaga, “Architectral design concept and guidelines for floating structures for tackling sea level impacts on Abu-Qir”, Alexandria Engineering Journal, v. 58 (n. 2); pp. 507-518, 2015
- Shahryar Habibi, “Floating building opportunities for future sustainable development and energy efficiency gains”, Architectural Engineering Technology, 2015.
- Washington, D.C., “Engineering Principles and Practices for Retrofitting Flood-Prone Residential Structures”, Federal Emergency Management Agency, 2012.
To view full paper, Download here