Design of Glass Cleaning Robot for High Buildings
Kishor Rambhad, Pradip K. Adhapure, Sagar B. Lokare, Raviraj B. Navale, Shubham E. Zarekar
International Journal of Analytical, Experimental and Finite Element Analysis
Volume 8: Issue 1, March 2021, pp 21-26
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, JSPM Narhe Technical Campus, Pune, India
Pradip K. Adhapure, Sagar B. Lokare, Raviraj B. Navale, Shubham E. Zarekar
Student, Department of Mechanical Engineering, JSPM Narhe Technical Campus, Pune, India
Abstract:-In recent decades, robotic technology has emerged. The objective of the glass purification robot is to ascend to the vertical surface of the glass and to clean its surfaces. The effective fixation and dissociation of the glass surface can achieve this goal. The dangerous task such as cleaning glass surfaces of high-rise buildings, extinction of fire and inspection of high structures can take place by people. This robot may also be utilized for high building measurements. The objective of this project is to create a robot that can move on vertical glass surfaces and clean up the clean and dirty glass surfaces. In this work, the difficulty is to make the robot's weight and the correct adhesion and automation with reasonable costs as low as feasible. The proposed cleaning robot can be controlled easily by a single staff and is portable.
Index Terms:-DC motors; Glass cleaning robot; Pneumatic cylinders; Suction cups; Vacuum pump.
- A. Jagtap, “Skyscraper’s Glass Cleaning Automated Robot,” Int. J. Sci. Eng. Res., vol. 4, no. 7, 2013.
- D. Sun, J. Zhu, C. Lai, and S. K. Tso, “A visual sensing application to a climbing cleaning robot on the glass surface,” Mechatronics, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1089–1104, Dec. 2004, doi: 10.1016/j.mechatronics.2004.06.007.
- M. A. Kumbhalkar, K. S. Rambhad, and N. Jee Kanu, “An insight into biomechanical study for replacement of knee joint,” Mater. Today Proc., 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.matpr.2021.05.202.
- N. Mir-Nasiri, J. Hudyjaya Siswoyo, and M. H. Ali, “Portable Autonomous Window Cleaning Robot,” in Procedia Computer Science, Jan. 2018, vol. 133, pp. 197–204, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2018.07.024.
- R. A. Jibhakate, N. W. Nirwan, and K. S. Rambhad, “Enhancing the effectiveness of green technology in manufacturing industry,” Mater. Today Proc., 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.matpr.2021.04.592.
- D. Punamchand Patel, K. P. Panchal, and D. P. Patel, “Design and Develop the prototype of wall climbing robot,” 2014. Accessed: Jun. 17, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/285735772.
- K. Rambhad, V. Sutar, P. Sonwane, and S. Suryawanshi, “A Review on Automotive Bumper Beam Design and Analysis,” J. Automot. Eng. &Technology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 21–35, 2020.
- A. Albagul, A. Asseni, O. Jomah, M. Omer, and B. Farge, Design and Fabrication of an Automatic Window Cleaning Robot. .
- A. K. Jha, K. S. Rambhad, and M. Bhosale, “Material Flow in Cutting of Metals Affected by Low Frequency Modulation - A Review,” Int. J. Anal. Exp. Finite Elem. Anal., vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 69–72, 2017, doi: 10.26706/ijaefea.4.4.20171006.
- A. Patil, K. S. Rambhad, and D. R. Bele, “Concept of Jigs and Fixture Design – A Review,” Int. J. Anal. Exp. Finite Elem. Anal., vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 73–77, 2017, doi: 10.26706/ijaefea.4.4.20171004.
- “Sky Cleaner 3: a real pneumatic climbing robot for glass-wall cleaning | IEEE Journals & Magazine | IEEE Xplore.” https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/1598051 (accessed Jun. 17, 2021).
- H. Ambule and K. Rambhad, “Methods of Improving Cutting Tool Life - A Review,” Int. J. Anal. Exp. Finite Elem. Anal., vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 78–79, 2017, doi: 10.26706/ijaefea.4.4.20171005.
- H. Zhang, J. Zhang, and G. Zong, “Effective nonlinear control algorithms for a series of pneumatic climbing robots,” in 2006 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, ROBIO 2006, 2006, pp. 994–999, doi: 10.1109/ROBIO.2006.340364.
- S. Nansai, M. R. Elara, T. T. Tun, P. Veerajagadheswar, and T. Pathmakumar, “A novel nested reconfigurable approach for a glass façade cleaning robot,” Inventions, vol. 2, no. 3, p. 18, Sep. 2017, doi: 10.3390/inventions2030018.
- S. R. Motghare, J. A. Mansuri, and K. S. Rambhad, “Component Design Verification and Modification of Double Roller Ginning Machine,” Int. J. Anal. Exp. Finite Elem. Anal., vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 22–26, 2014.
- G. Lee, H. Kim, K. Seo, J. Kim, and H. S. Kim, “MultiTrack: A multi-linked track robot with suction adhesion for climbing and transition,” Rob. Auton. Syst., vol. 72, pp. 207–216, Oct. 2015, doi: 10.1016/j.robot.2015.05.011.
- K. Rambhad and V. Kalbande, “Material handling policy framework for an emerging industry,” Golden Res. Thoughts, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- W. Shanqiang, L. Mantian, X. Shu, and L. Yang, “A wireless distributed wall climbing robotic system for reconnaissance purpose,” in 2006 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, ICMA 2006, 2006, vol. 2006, pp. 1308–1312, doi: 10.1109/ICMA.2006.257816.
To view full paper, Download here .