Effect of Internal Radial Clearance on Performance of Bearing
Aditya D. Khandare, Amit Bhende, G. K. Awari, Dr. S. P. Untawale
Volume 1: Issue 2, April 2014, pp 82-87
Aditya D. Khandare1
1M.Tech Research Scholar, Mechanical Engineering Department, St. Vincent Pallotti College of Engineering, Nagpur, India
2Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, St. Vincent Pallotti College of Engineering, Nagpur, India
G. K. Awari3
3Principal, TGPCET, Nagpur, India
Dr. S. P. Untawale2
2Principal, DMIETR, Wardha, India
Abstract:-The rolling bearings dynamic behavior analysis is a critical condition to determine the machine vibration response. The rolling bearing, with outer ring fixed, is a multi body mechanical system with rolling elements that transmit motion and load from the inner raceway to the outer raceway. The specific construction of a bearing has a decisive influence on its dynamic behavior. The paper defines a vibration model of a rigid rotor supported by rolling element bearings. By application of the defined model, the parametric analysis of the influence of internal radial clearance value and number of rolling elements influence on the rigid rotor vibrations in unloaded rolling element bearing was presented.r5.html.
Index Terms:-analytical model, rolling bearing, ball passage frequency, internal radial clearance.
- Matej Tadina and Miha Boltezar, 2011, “Improved 2D model of a ball bearing for the simulation of vibrations due to faults during run-up,” 9th International Conference on Damage Assessment of Structures (DAMAS 2011) Journal of Physics: Conference Series 305.
- S. H. Upadhyay, S. P. Harsha and S. C. Jain, “Nonlinear Vibration Signature Analysis of High Speed Rotor Due to Defects of Rolling Element,” Adv. Theor. Appl. Mech., Vol. 1, 2008, no. 7, 301 – 314
- H. Rubio, J. C. Garcia Prada, C. Catejon and E. Laniado, “Dynamic analysis of rolling bearing system using Lagrangian model Vs. FEM code,” 12th IFToMM World Congress, Besançon (France), June18-21, 2007.
- Wensing and Jeroen Anton, “On the dynamics of ball bearings,” PhD thesis, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, ISBN 90-36512298, December 1998.
- Hedzer Tillema and Jeroen Wensing, “Validation of rotor dynamics model with viscoelastic bearing support,”
- G. H. Jang and S. W. Jeong, “Nonlinear Excitation Model of Ball Bearing Waviness in a Rigid Rotor Supported by Two or More Ball Bearings Considering Five Degrees of Freedom,” ASME Trans., vol. 124, pp. 82–90, Jan. 2002.
- R. K. Purohit and K. Purohit, “Dynamic Analysis Of Ball Bearings With Effect Of Preload And Number Of Balls,” Int. J. of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2006, vol.11, No.1, pp.77-91
- S. P. Harsha, V. H. Saran, V. K. Goel and Mats Berg, “Nonlinear Vibration Signature Analysis of Rail Axle - Bearing Systems,” 2008.
- M. Tiwari And K. Gupta, “Dynamic Response Of An Unbalanced RotorSupported On Ball Bearings,” Journal of Sound and vibration,vol. 238(5), pp. 757-779, 2000.
To view full paper, Download here .