Numerical Analysis on Natural Convection from Dual Heating Element in an Enclosure
MuhammedShefeek K, Venkitraj K P
Volume 1: Issue 2, April 2014, pp 99-102
1College of Engineering Adoor/Mechanical Department, Kerala, India
Venkitraj K P2
2College of Engineering Adoor/Mechanical Department, Kerala, India
Abstract:-Thispaper reports the results of numerical investigation on natural convection in a three dimensional rectangular enclosure with heated parallel vertical plates located inside the enclosure. Simulation has been performed used commercial computational fluid dynamics package. The effect of spacing between the heated vertical plates and heat input on the flow and heat transfer characteristics inside the enclosure will be explored and discussed..
Index Terms:-Enclosure, Volumetric heat generation, Modified Rayleigh number
- Akihiko Horibe a, Rikio Shimoyama , Naoto Haruki a, Akira Sanada, Experimental study of flow and heat transfer characteristics of natural convection in an enclosure with horizontal parallel heated plates ,International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer.(2012)
- T.N. Anderson ,M. Duke, J.K.Experimentaldittermination of natural convecton heat transfer coefficient s in attic shaped enclosure, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 37 (2010) 360–363
- Kamil Kahveci,Natural convection in a partitioned vertical enclosure heating with a uniform heat flux,Heat transfer engg.ASME2007.
- Yasin Varol,Hakan F.Oztop,Tuncay Yilmaz, Natural convection in triangular enclosures with protruding isothermal heater,Heat transfer engg.50(2007)2451-2462.
- Pravez Alam , Ashok Kumar b, S. Kapoor b, S.R. Ansari a,Numerical investigation of natural convection in an enclosure, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer.17 (2012) 2403–2414
- Lino R. C., Ramos D. M., and da Fontoura Rodrigues J. L. A. (2003), Experimental dettermination of natural convection heat transfer coefficents in an attic shaped enclosures, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer.(2010)
To view full paper, Download here .