Analytical Study of Gas Turbine Combustor
Dhanre U. T., Bhele S. K.
Volume 1: Issue 4, Dec 2014, pp 198-203
Dhanre U. T.1
1Mechanical Engineering, Kavi Kulguru Institute of Technology and Science, Ramtek, Maharashtra, India.
Bhele S. K.2
2Mechanical Engineering, Kavi Kulguru Institute of Technology and Science, Ramtek, Maharashtra, India.
Abstract:-The primary purpose of this study is to discuss the main requirements of gas turbine combustors in industrial engines. The principal geometric and aerodynamic features that are common to most types of gas turbine combustors are briefly reviewed. Reference is made to most of the key issues involved in combustor design and development. In this project, analytical formulae described by various researchers are studied and also their parametric study on the design of combustor is discussed in this report. The various combustor components such as diffuser, swirler, combustor liner, combustor casing and different zones are systematically designed and c-programming is provided for quick access of the design parameters. Manual calculations are somewhat tedious, so in order to save time and money this attempt is made. A technical discussion on combustor design procedure by using C programming is provided..
Index Terms:-Combustor, Reference Area, Diffuser, Swirler, Liner, Liner holes.
- Lefebvre A.H.( 1965), “Progress And Problems In Gas-turbine Combustion” , Tenth Symposium (International) on Combustion, pp.1129-1137.
- Gupta A.K.(1997), “Gas Turbine Combustion : Prospects And Challenges”,Energy Convers, Vol. 38, No. 10-13,pp.1311-1318 .
- Gupta, A. K., Lilley, D. G., and Syred, N. (1984), “Swirl Flows”, Abacus Press, Tunbridge Wells, UK.
- Sovran, G., and Klomp, E. D.( 1967), “Experimentally Determined Optimum Geometries for Rectilinear Diffusers with Rectangular, Conical or Annular Cross Section,”in G. Sovran, ed., Fluid Mechanics of Internal Flow, Elsevier, Amsterdam, pp. 270–319.
- Channwala S. A. & Kulshreshtha D.B. (2006),“Numerical Simulation to study the effect of divergence angle on performance of inlet diffuser section of gas turbine chamber”, Tenth International Congress of Fluid Dynamics ,December 16-19, Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Soukhna, Red Sea, Egypt, ICFD10-EG-30I3.
- Lefebvre, A. H. & Ballal, D. R.,2010. Gas Turbine Combustion Alternative Fuels and Emissions. 3rd ed. CRC Press is an imprint of the Taylor & Francis Group,.
- Samanta, D.,2006. Classic Data Structure. New Delhi, 7th printing 2006. Prentice Hall of India Private Limited.
- Rajaraman, V., 1994. Computer Programming in C. New Delhi, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall of India Private Limited.
- Ganesan, V.,2000. Computer Simulation Of Compression-Ignition Engine Processes. Hyderabad, First published 2000, Universities Press(India) Limited.
- Cohen, H., Rogers, G.F.C. & Saravanamuttoo, H.I.H.,1987. Gas Turbine Theory. 3rd Edition, Longman scientific and Technical , New York, 40-200. .
- Mathur, M. L., Sharma, R. P., 1976. Internal Combustion Engine. 1st Edition, 23rd Reprint 2012, Dhanpat Rai Publications (p) LTD, 894-923.
To view full paper, Download here .