Reducing Assembly Time and Rework of Wheel Chair
Manish P. Nasre, Prof. A. K. Mahalle
Volume 2: Issue 2, June 2015, pp 55-59
Manish P. Nasre1
1M. Tech. CAD/CAM, Department of Mechanical Engineering, G. H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur- 440016, India
Prof. A. K. Mahalle2
2Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, G. H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur- 440016, India
Abstract:-Improving the productivity of the organization is the primary objective. If a wrong part assembly occurs then it leads to excess time consumption with loss of money. A new approach called Maynard Operation Sequence Technique (MOST) implementation, with an approach to Time study of an assembly workstation and reducing Non value adding activities(NVA). Poka Yoke method can be used for mistake proofing of assembly of wrong bracket on back frame of wheel Chair assembly and can also be used in defining holes during assembly of back frame, seat, mechanism, left hand rest, right hand rest. Certain devices such as fixture can be used. Automation can be applied with the help of human intervention with understanding critical points to design a Fixture and mechanical devices over the sensing devices.
Index Terms:-Assembly, MOST, POKA YOKE,Time Reduction, Fixture
- Saravanan Tanjong Tuan, A. N. Karim, Emrul Kays, K. M. N. Amin, M. H. Hasan, Improvement of Workflow and Productivity through Application of Maynard Operation Sequence Technique (MOST), International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, (2014)
- M. Dudek Burlikowski, D. Szviezek,ThePoka-Yoke method as an improving quality tool of operations in the process, JAMME, Vol. 36, issue 1, sept. 2009.
- Patil S.S. Shinde B. M., Kanitkar R. S., Kawade M. V.,MOST- An Advanced Technique to improve Productivity, National Conference on Recent Trends in CAD/CAM/CAE, (2004).
- Michel Fisher ―Process improvement by Poka Yoke, www.emerald-library.com.
- Ashish R., Anil C. Gawande, Dhananjay A. Jolhe, Minimization of Engine Assembly Time by Elimination of Unproductive Activities through ‗MOST‘, Second International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology, ICETET-09.
- Antonio Armillotta, Giowani Moroni, Wilma Poloni, ―To analytically estimate the 3D position deviation of a holes pattern Due to fixturing, 12th CIRP Conference on Computer Aided Tolerancing.
- Attila Retfalvi, Mihayl Stamfer, ―The Key Steps toward Automation of the Fixture Planning and Design, Acta Polytechnica Hungarica Vol. 10, No. 6, 2013
- Tarun Kumar,―Measurement Time Method for Engine Assembly Line with Help of Maynard Operating Sequencing Technique (MOST), Vol.2 issue 2 april 2013.
- Vikram K V, Dr. D. N. Shivappa, Jgnur Sangmesh, ―Establishing Time Standards for Fixing Body Side Panel to the Chassis in Assembly Line Using MOST , the National Conference on Trends and Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Oct 19-20, 2012.
- P.C. Bayer, ―Using Poka Yoke (Mistake Proofing Devices) to Ensure Quality,IEEE, 1994.
To view full paper, Download here .