3-D Modeling and FEA of an Improved Design of Axle of Hot Metal Ladle Transfer Car Bogie
Makarand M. Shesh, Vivek Padole
Volume 2: Issue 3, Sept 2015, pp 95-97
Makarand M. Shesh1
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Abha Gaikwad College of Engineering, Nagpur, India.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Abha Gaikwad College of Engineering, Nagpur, India.
Abstract:-The paper imparts an idea about the repetitive failure of Axle of Hot Metal Ladle Transfer Car used in steel industries for carrying hot molten metal from blast furnace to steel melt shop. In earlier paper from same author in similar related subject a 3-D model was prepared and a solid mesh of the model of Wheel and Axle assembly was analysed by FEA techniques and the result was compared with conventional calculations for stress per wheel of hot metal transfer car bogie. An improved redesign of Axle is prepared in 3-D modeling and the results are compared with 3-D Basic model. The redesign results found satisfactory with less stress value and shown reduced bulkiness of axle.
Index Terms:-Finite Element Analysis, Locomotive, 3D Modeling.
- Indian Railway Standard Specification for Solid Rolled Wear Wheels of Diesel and Electric Locomotives as per “IRS R-34”, by R.D.S.O., April 2009.
- Prajakta Bawiskar, Sachin Kamble, Kiran Bhole “Design of tilting ladle transfer car for steel Industries” NCAME-2012- A National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Maharashtra, India, 2012.
- Yong-Hua LI, Yue-Dong WANG, Wen-Zhong ZHAO “Bogie Failure Mode Analysis for Railway Freight Car Based on FMECA” 978-1-4244-4905-7/09/$25.00©2009 IEEE.
- Ferhat Dikmen, Meral Bayraktar, Rahmi Guclu “Railway Axle Analyses : Fatigue Damage and Life Analysis of Rail Vehicle Axle” Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 58(2012)9,545-552.
- Meral Bayraktar, Necati Tahrali, and Rahmi Guclu “Reliability and fatigue life evaluation of railway axles” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 24(3)(2010)671-679.
- Locovei, Raduta, Nicoara, Cucuruz “Analysis of Fatigue Fracture of Tank Wagon Railway Axles” 3rd WSEAS Int. Conference on Finite Differences - Finite Elements - Finite Volumes - Boundary Elements, Romania, ISBN: 978-960-474-180-9.
- Delhi, India Metro Rail Project.
- Mr. Makarand M. Shesh, Mr. Pravin Katare “3-D Modeling and finite element analysis of hot metal ladle transfer car bogie. Published in International Journal of Mechanical And Production Engineering, ISSN 2320-2092, Special Issue – June -2015.
To view full paper, Download here .