Thermal Stress Analysis of Fin and Tube type solar water heater
S. K. Bhad, R. E. Thombre
Volume 2: Issue 3, Sept 2015, pp 134-136
S. K. Bhad1
1M.Tech (CAD/CAM) Scholar, Mechanical Engineering Department, Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering, Research & Technology, Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
R. E. Thombre2
2Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering, Research & Technology, Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
Abstract:-This paper studied experimentally and theoretically the effect of heat transfer on fin and tube type solar water heater for different mass flow rate of fluid. The thermal stresses induced on fin and tube is also studied by ansys software at steady state condition and static structural. Comparison will do experimentally for obtaining results. It is observed that as the temperature increases on fin and tube model increases thermal stresses on fin and tube model. Likewise inlet temperature of fin and tube model is minimum as compared to outlet temperature of fin and tube model.
Index Terms:-Copper Fin, Copper Tube, Experimentation instruments, Mass flow rate, Steady State thermal Stress
- Mr. Rupesh Telrandhe, R. E. Thombre “CFD Analysis Of Natural Convection Flow Through Inclined Pipe”, „International Journal of Engineering science and innovation technology, Vol 2, Issue 2, March 2013.
- MS. N. B. Rairekar, Prof. A.V. Karmankar, Prof. R. E. Thombre, “Thermal Analysis of Fin and Tube Heat Exchanger” International Journal of Engineering Research and application, VolumeNo.4, 2014.
- Dr.M.Thirumarimurugan, Dr. T. Kannadasan, Prof. S. Gopalakrishnan, “Performance analysis of Cross Flow Plate Fin Heat Exchanger for Immiscible system Using Ann”, International Journal of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, July 2010.
- Ahmed F. Khudheyer and Mahmoud Sh. Mahmoud, “Numerical Analysis Of Fin tube Plate Heat Exchanger By Using CFD Technique”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 7, July 2011.
- Stewart, S.W. Shelton, S.V. and Aspelund, K. A. ,“Finned Tube Heat Exchanger Optimization”, 2nd International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics. U.S., 2003.
- Praful Date and V. W. Khond, “Heat Transfer Enhancement In Fin And Tube Heat Exchanger”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, VOL. 8, NO. 3, march 2013.
- J. A. Livingston1, P. Selvakumar “Effective Heat Transfer Enhancement In Finned Tube Heat Exchanger With Different Fin Profiles” International Journal of Engineering Research, Volume 2, Issue 2, Pg : 83-87, 2013.
- N. Nagrani, professor, K. Mayilsamy, “Experimental Heat Transfer Analysis on Annular Circular and Elliptical Fins”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol.2 (7), 2839-2845, 2010.
- Manish Mishra, Prasanta Kumar Das “Optimum Design Of Crossflow Platefin Heat Exchangers Through Genetic Algorithm”, International Journal Of Heat Exchangers, Vol 5, Iss. 2, Pg. 379-401, 2004.
- N. Nagarani, Professor, “Experimental Heat Transfer Analysis Onannular Circular And Elliptical Fins”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol. 2(7), Pg. 2839-2845, 2010.
- Ricardo Romero-Mendez, MihirSen, K.T. Yang, Rondey McClain, “Effect Of Fin Spacing On Convection In Aplate Fin And Tube Heat Exchanger”, International Journal Of Heat and mass transfer, Vol 43, 39-51, 2000.
- A. V. Z. Domkudwarand, Dr. V. M. Domkundwar “Heat And Mass Transfer data book”, 6th edition, Danapat Rai & Co. publication, 2012.
- Dr. D. S. Kumar “A Text Book Of Heat And Mass Transfer” 7th revised edition, SK Kataria & Sons publishers, 2010.
To view full paper, Download here .