Design, Analysis and Material Optimization of Laminated Crane Hook: A Review
Sunil J. Tiwari, Vivek Padole
Volume 2: Issue 3, Sept 2015, pp 109-111
Sunil J. Tiwari1
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Abha Gaikwad College of Engineering, Nagpur, India.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Abha Gaikwad College of Engineering, Nagpur, India.
Abstract:-Ladle hooks attached to spreader / ladle beam are used primarily to lift liquid metal ladles & transport molten metal safely in the steel industry. The laminated hooks are also used to handle Tundish, Overflow boxes, Launder etc. The objective of this project is to design the laminated ladle hook and optimization of the same using Finite Element Analysis tool without compromising on the strength & keeping the safety within the specified limits as per the standard codes.
Index Terms:-Crane hook, FEM, stress analysis
- AISI Technical Report No.7 published by Association of Iron and Steel Engineers, USA, May 1976.
- Rashmi Uddanwadiker “Stress Analysis of Crane Hook and validation by Photo-Elasticity”- Scientific Research, Engineering, August 2011.
- Yogesh Tripathi, Associate Prof. U.K. Joshi, “Investigation Stress of A Lifting Hook with Different Methods: A Review” -International Jouronal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Development, Issue 3, Vol.1, January 2013.
- Ajeet Bergaley, Anshuman Purohit “Structural Analysis of Crane Hook Using Finite Element Method”- International Journal of Science and Modern Engineering (IJISME) ISSN: 2319-6386, Volume-1, Issue-10, September 2013.
- Chetan N. Benkar, Dr. N. A. Wankhade “Finite Element Stress Analysis of crane hook with different cross sections” -International Journal For Technological Research In Engineering Volume 1, Issue 9, May-2014.
- PSG Design Data Book, Coimbatore.
To view full paper, Download here .