An Analytical Study of Contact Stress and Contact Zone Analysis of Ball Bearings
H.K.Dubey, S. P. Lokhande, P. M. Shirsat, S. Sontakke
Volume 2: Issue 4, Dec 2015, pp 161-165
H. K. Dubey1
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Priyadarshini College of Engineering, Nagpur, India
S. P. Lokhande, P. M. Shirsat, S. Sontakke2
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Priyadarshini College of Engineering, Nagpur, India
Abstract:-This paper reports Contact Stress and Contact Zone Analysis of Ball Bearings using Analytical method. The different combinations of ratios of its outer radius and inner radius i.e. (R2, R1) and the elasticity of the material E1, E2 have been considered to investigate the compressive stresses (P0), and the contact zone (a) on the surfaces of the ball bearing. Analytical method is applied for the analysis of both spherical and cylindrical type of Ball Bearing Cavity. The results are compared between both type of bearings and final interpretation has been made.
Index Terms:-Contact Stress, Contact Zone, Analytical method, Ball Bearing.
- M. F. Spot, “Mechanical Design Analysis” the technological institute, Northwestern university, pp 164-170.
- Viramgama Parth D., “Analysis of Single Row Deep Groove Ball Bearing”, IJERT, Vol. 3 Issue 5, May - 2014,pp1-4.
- E. L. HAD Khalid, “Analytical Approach and Mechanical Estimate of Vibration Behavior in Presence Of Ball Bearings”, International Journal of Engineering And Science, Vol 4, Isssue -07, pp 65-70.
- S. R. Dutta., “Analysis of Angular Contact Ball Bearings Design”, IJSR, Volume 3 Issue 8, pp 1-6.
- Alireza Moazenahmadi., “A nonlinear Dynamic model of the vibration response of defective rolling element bearings”, Proceedings of Acoustics 2013 ,17-20 November 2013,pp 1-7.
To view full paper, Download here .