Design and Analysis of Wind Turbine Blade
S. D. Bhalekar, Vaibhav Bodake, Abhishek Parvat, Suchet Bhosale, Rushikesh Patil
International Journal of Analytical, Experimental and Finite Element Analysis
Volume 8: Issue 3, July 2021, pp 82-86
S. D. Bhalekar1
1Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, JSPM Narhe technical Campus, Narhe, Pune, India
Vaibhav Bodake2, Abhishek Parvat2, Suchet Bhosale2, Rushikesh Patil2, Aniket Thakre2, Pranay Bawankar2
Department of Mechanical Engineering, JSPM Narhe technical Campus, Narhe, Pune, India
Abstract:-Wind turbine is utilizing the active energy come from the wind for producing the power by using the ac generators. The created electrical force is provided to the lattice. The created energy mostly relies upon the wind speed and the cleared space of the turbine. As the wind speed increments in like manner the components of the blades of wind turbine diminishes. The blades are made auto flexible with the assistance of stepper engine and control unit mounted on it. Different planning angles are discussed while keeping up with the created power. The wind turbine blades power and productivity has been estimated at various tip-speed-proportions. Present work gives a knowledge into the plan parts of a wind turbine, similar to turbine blade configuration, wind force and yield power computation. This paper presents a significant design and analysis of wind turbine blade.
Index Terms:-— welded joint, structure analysis, stress analysis, welded details
- C. Kong , J. Bang, Y. Sugiyama, “Structural investigation of composite wind turbine blade considering various load cases and fatigue life”, Energy, Volume 30, Issues 11–12, August–September 2005, Pages 2101-2114.
- Abhishiktha Tummala, Ratna Kishore Velamati, Dipankur Kumar Sinha, V. Indraja, V. Hari Krishna, “A review on small scale wind turbines”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Volume 56, April 2016, Pages 1351-1371.
- Asis Sarkar, Dhirem Kumar Beher “Wind Turbine Blade Efficiency and Power Calculation with Electrical Analogy” International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 2, Issue 2, February 2012.
- S.M. Habali, I.A. Saleh, “Local design, testing and manufacturing of small mixed airfoil wind turbine blades of glass fiber reinforced plastics: Part I: Design of the blade and root”, Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 41, Issue 3, February 2000, Pages 249-280.
- P. Fuglsang, H. A. Madsen, “Optimization method for wind turbine rotors”, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Volume 80, Issues 1–2, 1 March 1999, Pages 191-206.
- P.G. Migliore , M.C. Cheney “Feasibility Study of Pultruded Blades for Wind Turbine Rotors” 2000 ASME Wind Energy Symposium, 2000.
- Arturo Del Valle-Carrasco, Delia J. Valles-Rosales, Luis C. Mendez, Alejandro Alvarado-Iniesta, “A site-specific design of a fixed-pitch fixed-speed wind turbine blade with multiple airfoils as design variable” International Journal of Energy And Environment, Volume 6, Issue 3, 2015, pp.287-298.
- P. Fuglsang, H.A. Madsen, “Optimization method for wind turbine rotors” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Volume 80, 1999, pp 191—206.
- Meng-Kao Yeh1 and Chen-Hsu Wang, “Stress analysis of composite wind turbine blade by finite element method”, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Volume 241, Volume: 05 Issue: 06, June-2018.
- M Damiano and A D’Ettore, “Structural design of a multi-megawatt wind turbine blade with One Shot Blade® Technology”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Volume 1037, Issue 4, 2018.
To view full paper, Download here